I recently planted a garden. I am excited to be a little more self reliant! The goal is to be able to save some green on grocery store produce by using my garden produce. To start my garden: containers, garden soil, plants and tags...$35!
we've planted: cilantro, big beef tomatoes, strawberries and zucchini!
I, of course being me, decided that the tags on the plants weren't "fun" or appealing and that sooner or later my boys would push the little tags deep into the soil and I wouldn't have information on any of it. SO, I made these bigger tags. They provide information on each plant AND the date I planted them so I can monitor their growth, fertilization, maturity, harvest time, etc.
I'm excited to be a little more "prepared" and self-sufficient. This quote is what inspired my garden...
"You may need to survive on your own after an emergency. This means having your own food, water and other supplies in sufficient quantity to last for 3 days..."
I have a car kit, I have a 72 hour kit and I have food storage...this is one aspect of my food storage that I thought would be beneficial. It is also a way I can help my family in "saving" money and adding the money I would have spent on produce to my savings account. Every little bit helps!


No comments:
Post a Comment