Friday, June 3, 2011

Frame n Hang Fabric

I love pictures and have changed out much of my decor since moving into our house. I didn't want to get rid of frames because I've spent some money on them so I saved them. Good thing too!

I also have a house with a GIANT, vaulted ceiling in my living room and since Steve and I couldn't decide on art (we aren't the tuscany landscape, abstract, floral, etc etc type) we decided on a gallery wall. But the more pictures that went up the more I wanted to "break it up" with something different. So I decided on fabric. Here's how I did it...
reused existing frames just purchased white mats

bought a yard of my favorite fabric choice

measured it out

cut it a little bigger than the mat opening

secured the corners with glue lines (same idea as glue dots)


I secured it to some cardstock, with the longer edges first

folded corners over and secured

put the mat, then fabric insert

polished up the frames and hung them

LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment