Sunday, December 1, 2013

Dates for a Year

For Christmas we have a young family on one side and a newlywed family on the other. I tend to stress about getting people just the right gifts because I want them to get use and fun out of it. So this year I decided that I would focus on Date nights. 

First, I purchased Mason jars without logos imprinted into the glass. I got them for $2 + tax at Target. Since the rings (lid) were already a solid gold I stuck with that color. Since I made date nights to span the year I decided on a traditional "New Year's" color scheme of black, white and gold.

I mounted my note to gold glittery card stock.

I tied it in place with coordinating ribbon

I purchased a pack of tongue depressors aka craft sticks at Michaels for a $4 + tax and used fine tip sharpies to write down date night ideas. I had a total of 60 sticks per jar. I made two jars total. I left the back of the sticks plain so that they could write down their own creative, unique and/or budget friendly ideas.

My date night ideas consisted of various indoor, outdoor, cheap, expensive, free, creative, seasonal, bookworm, sporty, simple, complex but most importantly FUN ideas! I scoured the internet, FB, Instagram, Pinterest and used my own tried and true ideas. Great gift!!








No comments:

Post a Comment