Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SUPER BOWL 2012

My Husband is a GIANT Football Fan and a lot of it is beginning to wear off on me...I could very well be in trouble! ha ha However, I really wanted to throw a Super Bowl Party (and decided to on Saturday afternoon) and with not very much time to plan and a very tiny budget I was able to pull off a fun and festive party!! Check out some of the fun, impromptu things I did...

I already had 2 plastic disposable tablecloths but cut up the white one to make the lines of the field on the green one. I also used my Cricut to cut out the field numbers. Streamers helped make the table height and add some more flair!

Shredded Brown Paper added some texture to the food table

Easiest and cheapest and yummiest treat! Chocolate dipped and flicked Pretzel Rods
Perfect combination of salty and sweet

Cupcake wrappers were used for the Pub Mix

We were rooting for the Patriots (good thing we didn't bet money on em ha ha)
Their colors are Red, White & Blue and so we had 3 Muskeeters (have all those color) candy Bags
York Peppermint Patties or Baby Ruth's would work too!

EASY and BIG HIT Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
A great way to introduce fruit in with the Wings & Salty Foods

Popcorn Treat Bags...another hit!

Blew up balloons (with my own hot air...no helium) and tied them to streamer to make a Balloon Bunch of the bar
All the Papergoods are laid out below as well as ice water for the non-soda drinkers

We had kids at the Party so each got to have their own Plush Football to entertain them
They LOVED it! Worked for kids 9mons - 5yrs

My Football Banner
It needs a lot more flair but this was my last (3am) project so we'll add embellishments and patterned paper to it for next year

The only purchased decor I used...got it at Party City for $6

Football Juice Boxes
I just cut brown scrapbook paper to size and used packaging tape to secure the paper around it (and help water proof it against the juice dribbles). I removed the straws before I wrapped the boxs and then slid the straws down the side of the brown paper so they each had their straws....kids LOVED them!

No comments:

Post a Comment