I have a slight obsession with Pinterest. It is a GREAT resource for so many things and I have learned so much from other people's abilities and talents (and have even shared a few of my own!)! With our life being in a "limbo" and money really tight I've used Pinterest to help me with different ways to save some money. One of the big budget drainers is food and since we can't live without it I needed to find a productive, inexpensive way to stretch that portion of the budget. So the answer I discovered is Freezer Meals. LOVE them!
I only took cash with me to the grocery store so that I was sure to stay within my budget. I shopped, sales, deals, and with coupons and walked away with 50 freezer meals (and good, healthy, yummy ones) for under $200!! ($168.42 to be exact!). Now I only have to shop once every 50 days and all it takes is $200 (give or take). I'm so excited about this. Not only does it help the budget but it makes my day easier too! I only have to set out my dinner to thaw and in 20-30 minutes my dinner is cooked! Nothing in my freezer takes longer than 30 minutes! L-O-V-E, LOVE IT!
I believe in giving credit where credits deserved so I will tell you Pinterest is an amazing resource but I got all my know how about freezer meals from Natalie Dixon at "A Turtle's Life For Me". She's amazing! Check her out: http://www.aturtleslifeforme.com/
I used some of her recipes and I did a lot of my own. Here's a few of my recipes I've done:
-Meat Loaf
-Meatballs
-Pork Chops marinated in Cream of Mushroom Soup
-BBQ Pork Chops
-Shredded BBQ Chicken for BBQ Chicken Sandwichs & Salads
-Garlic Bread stuffed with Mozzerella & Spaghetti
-Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon
-Teriyaki Steak
-Buffalo Chicken Salads
They are fast, yummy, healthy and delish! I always serve each meal with veggies and fruit to kick up the healthy! I didn't link my recipes but if you're serious about getting started let me know and I'll share a few!

Holy Moly! That is amazing! I've seen those and wondered if they were any good. Keep us updated on the yummy and not so yummy ones and maybe I'll try a few. Baseball is killing my dinner plans! Healthy Freezer meals would be an awesome way to fix that!
ReplyDelete