This is an older project I completed last year. My aunt contacted me and asked me if I would be willing to compile a book of letters from my extended families (aunts, uncles, cousins, cousin in laws, great grandkids, etc) and have it ready to give my Grandma for her 80th birthday. Sort of like her legacy through letters. I, of course, took it on because I love to scrapbook. So here was the final outcome and she LOVED it!
 |
| Quotation on the Cover |
 |
| The Cover |
Along with the letters from all 12 aunts and uncles, 32 cousins and 12+ great grandkids, I thought to put things about my grandmother that she felt were important, things about her life and her hobbies.
 |
| I included a page of all the places she has traveled including a picture of each location |
 |
| She has taught us all the meaning of being a true American and how to love and respect Freedom |
 |
| And yes, I typed up and scrapbooked each letter that was submitted to me |
It was a very special experience and I was so excited to be given the opportunity to present her with it. She loved it and the memories, the stories and life lessons she has taught us all was very moving and the legacy she has left has been incredible to see...one book wouldn't do it justice.
I have done similar books for both my parents for Christmas, for my mother-n-law to read while going through her Chemo treatments and am going to be taking on another one for a fathers day gift for my Father n law. They are time consuming but the time, effort and creativity put into it but the outcome, the gratitude and the fun it brings far exceeds the stress. You can always make it easier or less expensive. There are a ton of different ways to make something like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment