Thursday, September 22, 2011

Everyday Wreath


My mom's birthday is coming up this next weekend and I wanted to make her something kinda fun to put up in her house. Then as I have been addicted to Pinterest the past couple of days I found an inspiration wreath. But, when I clicked on the link it was an etsy account for someone trying to sell their wreaths. Boo! I wanted to make my own and since there wasn't a tutorial I had to wing it. I am actually proud of myself as this is only my second wreath...ever!! It was RIDICULOUSLY easy I decided to make a step by step post about it. In case anyone else is interested in making one themselves...


Here's How To Make Your Own Everyday Wreath

Supplies List:
12-18" Twig Wreath Form (Michaels or Joanns)
Ribbon
5 Faux Flowers (Michaels...with coupons!)
Hot Glue Gun
Wire Cutters

Remove any tags, random twigs/branches and/or imperfections

Remove tags from your flowers and using your wire cutters trim the flowers down to your desired length
(mine is just as long as the wreath is wide).

Seperate your flowers (mine came with tiny "bud" flowers) and the leaves.

I used the buds to come up with the layout/spacing of my wreath (a quick template of where to put my flowers). This helps you find the desired height of your flowers (high on wreath to low).

This also helps your eye see where to place your flower once you've added the hot glue to it without making any permanent committments on your wreath form. You can also use the end of the flower sticks you trimmed off previously.

Don't forget to leave enough space to tie your ribbon in between.

lather the base and stick of your flower  with hot glue to make sure it adheres to any twigs
it comes into contact with once you stick them in.
 
Hot glue your leaves into place...careful not to burn your fingers!!


Next you'll measure out how much ribbon you'll need. I used sheer, wireless 2 1/2" gold ribbon.
You can use wired ribbon to help your bow keep shape (if desired).

Tie your ribbon into a bow and trim edges, as desired.
(I tied my ribbon into a single bow and then into another bow on top of that)

TA-DA!! Piece of cake! I'm loving it!! I may just make one for myself ha ha


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE wreaths and this one is super cute!! Thanks for the tutorial! I just might have to make me one!

    ReplyDelete