Sunday, September 11, 2011

Spooktacular Hoops

Halloween is by far one of my favorite holidays. I LOVE decorating for it. I've purchased a lot of fun things in the past but really wanted to make my Halloween decor more personal so I decided to do this craft. I originally  saw it on another craft blog but when I took a closer look their picture was a wood plaque and paint ha ha. So this is my own creation....ENJOY!!

Purchase a sewing hoop (any shape or size) and wrap it in ribbon using a glue gun (or paint your hoop if you prefer). I like the extra texture the ribbon gives on the hoop.

This is what your ribbon will look like once you've wrapped it and glue'd it in place


I originally used some fabric but I didn't like the print I selected. I then tried burlap and loved the outcome of it!

I purchased glittery thin foam and cut them into a bat silhouette (you can pick any Halloween object for your silhouette).

Then I used Glue Lines to adhere the bats to the stretched burlap. I love the outcome and I plan to hang them on my gallery wall during the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment