Wednesday, October 26, 2011

FHE or Quiet Book Idea

Let's face it...sometimes Sacrament can be loooong and if its long for the adults multiply that by 2 for kids! Quiet books are a great way to get kids thinking about Jesus Christ or other Gospel topics. Sometimes you can purchase these types of books or if you're like me and like to be creative (or on a budget...like me too! ha ha) then make them yourself! I don't sew (yet!) so I resort to what I have and what I can make. This is a simple book I made for my boys and they love it.

We use this for scripture reading, FHE lessons and/or Quiet Books. I LOVE that its multi-purpose!

FIRST
I used my Friend magazine to start the project and get the visual aids. So go through your magazines or go online to: http://lds.org/friend?lang=eng and get the resources you need.

SECOND
I got some clear page protectors and some ribbon and tied them together to make the "book" and made a cover sheet based on what I chose my book to be about.


THIRD
I put solid colored (you can use that or patterned paper) heavy duty cardstock to keep the book sturdy. I then glued my visual cut outs from the Friend to the cardstock and whaaaalaaa....instant book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment