
I teach a co-op preschool with 5 other moms. I was in charge of our Thanksgiving party. I decided we'd have a small "feast" including rotissere chicken (instead of turkey), mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and homemade bread. I wanted the kids to look festive at our table so I made these really inexpensive foam Pilgrim hats. You can purchase long foam sheets from Michaels for 99 cents in any color. I found a template online and traced the template onto the foam. Cut it out, punched holes on each side of the hat and tied elastic to it so it fit each kids head perfectly. The ribbon and belt buckles are also made out of foam. I used a foam adhesive to assemble it all and it worked out great! The kids had so much fun being the pilgrims at our Thanksgiving feast!
No comments:
Post a Comment