Monday, November 1, 2010

A Place For Everything And Everything In Its Place

So today I am taking down all things Halloween from the various rooms, walls and windows in my house. I sat in the garage for a couple hours sorting it all into the various boxes in which it was pryed from 30 days ago. Because I was on a roll, I cleaned that whole half of the garage. Some of which was boy clothes in a bin that I had avoided going through. But I did.

I pulled it into the house, rummaged through the dressers and closets upstairs and changed out the small sizes for the bigger ones. When I started folding the clothes to put back in the bin I realized it was hard to decipher which sizes were which. So I got an idea. I liked my idea so much (guess I'm tooting my own horn) that I thought I would share...

I purchased some Large Ziplock bags (the ones used for balls and sports equipment) and labeled them with the clothing size they pertained too.



I then folded up all the clothes I wanted to keep that weren't stained and yellowed and placed them inside the bags.



Then I put the bags back into the original bin. Now, when the next one comes (if we have one) I can simply pull out the bag with the size I need and I already have a bag/destination for the sizes that are too small and get put away again. OR if someone I know has a little man and is in need of clothes I just pull out the bag for them and POW, they have what they need.



I'm huge into organizing. I love knowing where all our things are, where they should go and whenever someone stays at our house to watch the boys I don't have to leave overly detailed letters to them with directions on how to find X,Y,Z because they open a cupboard and there's labels letting them know exactly where to find what they're looking for. My boys are GREAT at helping clean and pick up because there's a place for everything and everything goes in its place.

Need help? Need ideas? Call me...I've got a ton!

5 comments:

  1. ME!! Always me! I always need help organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan Tiff! I have bins full of clothes, and it varies sizes. I label the bins, but sometimes its 2T-4T, would sure be nice to just grab a small ziploc intead of weeding through the whole bin! Share some more tips! Do you have a label maker? What kind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a label maker and LOVE it! I prefer any labels from the BROTHER brand/family. They are realistically priced and you can find label refills pretty much anywhere which makes it easy and convinent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a label maker and a little bit of orginization in me to make it all work I like your bin and baby clothes idea I may just do that. Love this blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, if you EVER need help I'm always here! Its more "fun" than "chore" for me. Plus chatting with a friend makes a LOT of things more fun! Give me a call anytime!!

    ReplyDelete